York, Pennsylvania/Direct hire
JFC Global is now recruiting for an Electrical/Automation Engineer position with our client in the York area!
The Electrical/Automation Engineer will be involved in a wide variety of projects at our facilities or at customer locations. Work with customers in a very collaborative mode, designing and building systems, specifying equipment, developing detailed P&IDs and specifications, and everything else necessary to meet the needs of the project and customer.
- Development of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Writing and reviewing detailed specifications
- Working with vendors to specify and purchase instrumentation, PLCs, data acquisition systems, control panel devices, and other electrical items
- Designing control panels, automation systems, and electrical systems to support process automation or skid systems
- Design motor controls and specify motor control centers and other power systems under 600 VAC
- Assuring design compliance with US National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Performing commissioning and electrical troubleshooting of wiring, programming, electrical systems, pilot plants, skids, and full-scale production systems
- Performing hands-on activities such as small control panel construction, small system wiring projects, and instrument calibration
Additionally, the Electrical/Automation Engineer will have the opportunity to get involved in
- Actively participating in our Safety Program
- Marketing our services/capabilities
- Assisting in preparation of proposals for clients
- Purchasing and expediting
- Interfacing with customers and contractors
- Operating chemical systems
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Control Engineering
- A minimum of five years related experience (especially, experience working in a chemical plant, chemical plant design, or factory automation)
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of time to customer sites
- Highly motivated and the ability to work independently
- Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming a plus
- National Instruments LabVIEW and DAQ experience a plus
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration! We are looking forward to speaking with you!
Not ready to apply? Call or Email Tori Lorenski at (717) 761-8095 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation about your search.