Patient Account Reps
Patient Account Representative
Follow up on open accounts receivable – both initial and balances at least 60 days old – with the intentions of collecting balances due. Seek to obtain any additional information to determine responsibility of payment and assure best possible opportunity for claims to be processed.
- Investigate and follow-up on all open account balances overdue for 45 days or more to determine reason for non-payment. Contact responsible party to establish reason for delinquency, document in system all verbal and written communication relative to overdue account, and institute timely follow-up with responsible party as a result of last contact to assure progress in resolving account with payment.
- Make outgoing calls to patients, insurance companies and attorneys regarding claim status in order to reduce both outstanding receivables and DSO.
- Manage correspondence related to designated work load.
- Address incoming center/field inquiries as necessary and in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Identify and resolve issues impacting the timely collection of open receivables.
- Provide timely notification to the appropriate managerial staff of any identified payor issues.
- As necessary, request account adjustments as identified via write off requests and refund requests.
- Recommend accounts to an outside agency based upon company guidelines.
- Notify database operations of changes or additions to specific payor, plan, contract, address, or other pertinent information as necessary
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Ability to learn and think independently with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge in Windows based office technologies (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- High School diploma or GED required.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM depending on business needs
For more detailed information about this job, please call Chris, Camp Hill's office professional recruiter, at 717-761-8095